Friday 5 September 2008

Toys, Toys, Toys

Toys, toys, toys.

I said I'd update, and here it is. Seeing as my main computer is slowly dieing, I got a much appreciated loan from my mother, and purchased myself a new computer. A laptop, to be precise. Linkages for said machine are here.

The laptop I got from work, which was supposed to work if I purchased a power adapter, was going to be the replacement for my desktop, but, seeing as it died within 10 minutes of receiving the adapter, that idea kinda went down the drain. Now I'm sitting here with a nice shiny laptop, which I'll be paying off in regular installments.

Though, I'm not posting from it just yet. I'm in the process of copying over stuff like my music and other things. That, and I still need to get the hang of using Windows Vista. Typically I've been an anti-Vista-spewing type guy, I'm finding it to be pretty cool so far. It is a little bit of a memory hog, but that can be dealt with pretty easily.

Oh gods, copying folders to my external drive...progress bar predicts an hour of wait time. Though we all know how long that takes in Windows(TM) time. This could be interesting.

Anyways, I'm going to leave with that, and entertain myself while I wait for this to painfully copy over. Oh...I just realised I'll have the same wait putting it all on, too. This will take a while...

No comments: