Saturday 13 September 2008

A Happy Day For A Gamer

You're probably aware, but I'm a World of Warcraft player. I've played for the longest of times, probably to my own detriment. That's not to say I haven't enojyed myself.

Anyways, you'll remember a post I made a few months back now, regarding the Wrath of the Lich King expansion going into closed beta, and Blizzard were giving people the option to opt-in for a chance to join it. Your name is placed into a hat, and if you're lucky, you get drawn.

Last night, a huge wave of opt-in beta keys were sent, and I managed to luck out and received one. As a gamer and a World of Warcraft fan, I'm sitting pretty happy right now. I've beta tested one other MMO in my days (Dream of Mirror Online), and managed to get myself an hour or so on an Xbox game midway through it's development cycle. Both provided and extremely awesome experience, especially for someone such as myself, to whom the gaming industry is a passion.

As there is no Non-Disclosue Agreement (that I'm aware of - there wasn't anything mentioned), I'm thinking of doing a small feature about my journeys in the Wrath of the Lich King beta. I'll talk about my experiences, show you some pretty pictures, and probably answer questions if you have any. Not sure what I'll call the feature, but I'm sure I'll think of something witty. Only thing that comes to mind at the moment is "Beta Luck Next Time".

No comments: