Tuesday 8 July 2008

Updatan Gaems

Okay, well, it seems to have been about a week or so since I last did an update over here. After the initial "holy shit" of Blizzard confirming the existance of Diablo 3, I've been pretty hyped about the whole idea. Granted, it's probably going to be a year or two before it actually reaches the store shelves, but I have been re-playing Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, getting my enthusiasm in the games back. I must admit, I've been glad I have. I've stopped playing World of Warcraft (for now, anyways - things were getting a tad boring), and now have something equally addictive, yet not quite as draining on the wallet to engage in.

Thinking of World of Warcraft, Blizzard have added to their account details area the option to opt-in for the beta test for the upcoming WoW expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. I'll throw a link up at the end so those of you who read and have an account, and are interested in joining the beta test. As a note, opting-in DOES NOT secure you a place in the beta, it merely adds your account to the draw for the chance to join. If you have more than one account, you are more than welcome to add those all in as well. The only proviso is that you have a World of Warcraft account, and it is active at the time Blizzard pick those for their beta.

Important to note, currently Blizzard HAVE NOT began any phase of beta testing on Wrath of the Lich King, and they will announce it when they are ready to begin. There are a lot of account scamming and phishing e-mails going out at the moment, so if you receive one of these e-mails saying you've been accepted, check any URL in the e-mail to be sure it's legit, and also check the World of Warcraft main page and the forums to see if Blizzard have begun their beta test.



In other news, that of the real world, I have started a work for the dole program (horray for government benefits), in a place dismantling old disused computers, and building new ones up for charity. Not too bad of a job, and it's doing something that I'm moderatley interested in, which is good. My other option was to do groundswork at a local school, though those of you who know me will agree, I'm not built or cut-out for that kind of work.

This post is also dedicated to Dane, at his request. There you go.

Linkage!

Diablo 3 Main Site Seeing as I forgot to link to it in my last posting.

Blizzard Announces Wrath of the Lich King Beta Opt-In
Blizzard WotLK Beta Opt-In FAQ
World of Warcraft Account Settings Beta Opt-In Page Not a keylogger *sigh*

No comments: